This is the error message I get when I try to navigate to my project's Releases:
Sorry, you can't view this page
This page is only available to users. If you think you should be a user, you should ask your administrator to give you application access to .
I am part of the jira-administrators group and have checked the project schema and global permissions. We're using JIRA Core 8.15.0 (soon to migrate to cloud), but no matter what access I try to give myself and the other user(s) none of us are able to access the page.
I tried accessing the page with users that have different rights - for example through the project lead's account, a user who was only added to jira-software-users and myself as part of jira-administrators. I checked all permissions on the access scheme and according to permission helper.
Also reviewed JIRA’s global permissions and made sure it includes the administrators and all relevant access for this. Tried enabling all Jira extensions one by one and even with them all enabled/disabled I could still reproduce the error.
According to the documentation:
A project administrator is a user with the Administer projects project permission for a particular project.
By default, the 'Administer projects' permission is assigned to the 'administrators' group (via the Administrators role) for projects.
Additionally, to perform sprint-related actions, users need the 'Manage sprints' permission for all projects in the origin board — the origin board being the board in which the sprint was originally created.
My project category is set to Project Development
Relevant documentation I found is located here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0815/releases-1050542734.html
As we use core version we don't have the Advanced Roadmaps permissions listed in the KBs as “Advanced Roadmaps, which is a cross-project planning tool only available as part of Jira Software Cloud Premium and Enterprise.”
Can somebody help please?