After using multiple branches, you edit an issue at the endWill issues be edited after all branches are complete?
Hi @koutarou ishibashi
Short answer: no.
Longer answer:
As you found in the documentation, branches have different behaviors than other rule features.
Branches on one-and-only-one-thing (e.g., Branch on Parent, etc.) are run inline, as if the branch did not exist. The rule steps will occur in the order they have been written.
Branches which could be on more-than-one-thing (e.g., Branch on JQL, Linked Issues, etc.) are executed asynchronously and in parallel. There is no guarantee when the branch will complete, up to the last step of the rule. There is an open suggestion to add a new feature to branches to wait until completion, which you may watch/vote for to see progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-32
In your question, I suspect you are asking if the action after the branches will happen after the branches, and so use their processing results. The answer is: no.
If you need this condition, consider how to restructure your rule processing (or use multiple rules) to achieve this synchronization.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @koutarou ishibashiYou cannot edit trigger issue from branches. To edit it you need to come out of branches.
If you look at the site below, it is stated that the branches will be executed in parallel.https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-branches/
Will the blue automation work after all the automation in the red frame is complete?
@koutarou ishibashiI didnt get much information from screenshot you shared due to different language. But the action Item you have written in Blue box will work. It is written outside of branching and it will edit triggerIssue(if it is Edit Issue Action item).
Thank you for your answer.
I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry if I'm rudeI know that the action I wrote in the blue box will work
The question is, I want to know if the action described in the blue box will be executed after all the actions in the red box have been completed.
ご回答ありがとうございます。別の方法を考えます
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.