Once again it's an hours-long adventure just trying to add a new user to Jira. Here's what's happening this time:
I sent the user an invitation to join. They joined. I see them in the list of users I can assign tasks to but they don't get a notification and there page (somewhere - I don't know where to find it again) says they have no assigned tasks.
Further, I can't @ mention another user that I had previously been able to mention in a task.
My goal initially was to be able to add new users and only allow them to view tasks to which they are assigned. That seemed to be handled through Issue Security - but it said Issue Security was not enabled for the project. So I believe I added it (I think) and I added permissions. But still the new user was not seeing any tasks even though they were assigned, and the existing user now can't be @ mentioned in a task.
My message to Attlassian support was auto-responded - as usual - with a message saying there is a high volume of requests Well duh - it seems a small business owner needs to also have a PhD in Attlassian-ese to make this product work.
But I digress. Does anyone know how I can just add a new user, let them only see their oen assigned tasks and allow me to see all tasks, users and @ mention them when adding a new tasks? Or do I have to hire a third party consultant to set this thing up for me? I waste more time on this than I can afford anytime I try doing anything other than just use it.
Help would be greatly appreciated.