I have been using Jira forever, we were always able to see the subtasks after exporting the data from Jira.
Not sure if something has changed or it is a setting issue or a bug, I am unable to do so now. Could someone please help me understand.
Hi @Nandita Parthasarathy -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Issues may be exported based upon what JQL is used. Have you confirmed your JQL is not excluding the subtasks?
Kind regards,Bill
@Nandita Parthasarathy When exporting the issues to Excel?
Hello Bill!
Thank you!
Yes, they are included. I do see the sub tasks in the result, but when I download/export them they aren't in the report.
Cheers,
Nandita
That is curious! I just tried and it worked for my test instance of Jira Cloud.
At this point I recommend working with your site admin to submit a support ticket to Atlassian. You appear to be on a Standard license level, and so your site admin can do this here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
When you hear back from them, please post what you learn to benefit the community. Thanks!
that's right. I am going with the export CSV all fields option.
Becky!! thank you for asking that, I was doing CSV, when I tried excel it is working. Thanks a ton again
That is curious. I can't reproduce this issue (CSV Excel export shows my subtasks.) It probably is a settings issue then.
If you're not able to solve this, you can try spreadsheets that stay in sync with Jira and share that instead (or try to export to Excel from a Jira spreadsheet app): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226209/visor-flexible-spreadsheet-for-jira-roadmapping-bulk-edits?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
However, this built-in Jira functionality should work for you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.