Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well.
I have automation rules for parent child syncing and linked issues for sub-tasks and sub-task bug. Everything is working fine apart from one scenario.
Scenario 1:
I have created story and sub-tasks within the story. When I move all the sub-tasks from one status to another, story moves as well. These are synced and working the way I wanted.
Scenario 2:
I have created sub-task bug (custom issue type) at the sub-task level and linked it with sub-tasks. When I move the linked issues, the sub-task move as well.
Scenario 3: Problem
I have created two sub-tasks in the story and both of these sub-tasks are in "In Progress" currently. The story is also in "In Progress", then I move sub-task to testing. I create two sub-task bugs. When I link these bugs to sub-task, the sub-task moves to To - Do (Backlog) as well but the status of the story remains in Progress. I want the story to be in To-Do (backlog)
state as well.
Attaching screenshots as well. When any sub-task is in To-Do state, the story should be in To-Do state.
Screenshot of the automation rule is attached here as well.

What am I doing wrong here. Please help.
Anyone. I am still waiting.