I can't understand what is wrong with this basic workflow.I am in admin role, so no reason to not have full access. I also can see the two tickets on the board, they just go to backlog, instead of jumping to 'legal review'
I have no security schemes setup, that was the other possible issue it told me.
Hi philipf!
You have to review these points:
1. In the "rule details" section, check which user is the "rule actor".2. Check the "Transition Issue" permission if that user has permissions to transition tickets. In "Permission scheme" section3. Then you have to review the transition to that state if it does not have any condition or validation that does not allow that user to make the transition.
I'm almost sure your answer is between these three options.
Feel free to ask me any questions about the previous points.
Regards
Could it be that it needs it's own dedicated transition.There is no direct transition from 'to-do' to 'legal review'
we hoped the automation would jump those statuses.
Is that causing the issue?
The actor = automation for jira.
I tried to change it to 'user who triggered the event' and that didn't work either.
Change it again to "Automation for jira" and make sure that in "Permission scheme" the project role is "atlassian-addons-project-access" As I show you in the following screenshot:
And try it again, before making sure to publish the changes.If you put the option "User who triggered the event" it will be the responsibility of the user who created the ticket and probably does not have permissions
I have done this and doesn't work.Automation for Jira was the orignal setting that didn't work, and project add-on has permissions across the board.
Philips I have one more question: is it possible that the transition that goes to the "legal review" status has some validation or condition by project role, user group, etc in the workflow??
I was able to solve it, but setting the rule to perform as an admin. And works now so thank you for helping me get there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.