My team-managed project has two statuses, "Done" and "Closed", assigned to the Done category (green statuses).
"Done" is for an Epic that was picked up and completed. This status is inherent to Jira.
"Closed" is for an Epic that was no longer needed and never worked on. This status I made/added.
The issue is in the Timeline view (formerly the Roadmap view). When "Show Epic issues completed in the last" is selected within View Settings, regardless of what time span is selected (1 month, 3 month, 6 month, etc) the "Closed" epics always display.
I've confirmed the "Closed" epics are being stamped with a Resolution Date, so in theory they should be hidden based on when they were resolved just like those with a "Done" status, but they are not.
Is this a bug? Is there a setting somewhere to make this happen? I cannot figure this one out.
**EDIT (2/5/2024): I opened a support ticket with Atlassian regarding this issue. Apparently it's a feature, not a bug. They've opened a new feature request here in order to support hiding Done-category epics that were never allocated to a sprint, which is the core of the issue.