Hello!
Like the title states, I am trying to set up a Jira Automation to have child issues inherit its parents' epic link.
On my team, we have an additional issue type called "New Feature", which is the parent to a group of stories. An Epic is a parent to a group of New Features. Epic -> Features -> Stories.
The scenario:
I want to move a feature, and therefore, a group of stories, to under a new Epic (the team found that it fit better under a different bucket). So I changed the parent link of the feature to the new Epic, and I changed the epic link of the Feature, but the 55 stories that we have under the feature all still have the old epic link. Do I need to go one by one changing these epic links? Or is there a way to automate that when a parent epic link changes, so does all of its children?
Thanks,
Lea