I've been using the Created vs. Resolved gadget to get a count of issues created and issues resolved. Unfortunately, I have to run the gadget pretty much on the first day of the month and get a screenshot of it; otherwise, to capture the specific month's results if I run the report again and again, I have to keep increasing the past days setting to keep capturing the beginning of the previous month, and that keeps extending the graph of zero results at the end of the chart.
So to capture the statistics, the gadget is fine, but the gadget is not visually appealing on a Dashboard.
My solution was just to use two separate pie chart gadgets, one for each count, but I have two questions:
1) Can I capture created vs. resolved counts in one Filter, and 2) is there a gadget that avoids a past days setting?