My Goal:
I want our devs and testers to use only the sub-tasks to update the status of their work. I.e. each Story has specific sub-tasks created for each person - backend, frontend, and QA - each with a corresponding [BE], [FE] and [QA] placed in the summary of the sub-tasks. Sometimes it could be multiple people of the same type working on the Story and sometimes it's just a combination of [BE] + [QA] or [FE] + [QA]. Every Story has to have an assigned QA in order to test.
How I think it will work:
I want the status of the Story to update only when the statuses of all the BE and FE sub-tasks are Ready.
I've been trying to use the If-else approach which seems the most comprehensive one.
My test:
I have a Story with each one of the sub-tasks - one of BE, FE and QA. So first I switch the status of the BE task to Ready (1), then switch the status of the FE task to Ready (2) and I expect the Status of the Story to switch to Dev Completed. There is already a workflow link from In development to that status.

This is my automation


I get very weird errors and the actions are not performed.
here is the result from (1) - which seems to not do anything (And that's OK, as I don't expect anything to be changed), but the error is kind of weird.

I expect that when (2) is run then the story will be moved to state Ready.

It says that the issue did not match the condition when in reality it is matching! Here is what the "i" icon is relating to.

The issue:
There is a Task with BE in the summary which is in the state Ready (I did this in (1)), but Audit shows that The conditions don't match and therefore the Story status does not change to Dev Completed.
Can someone shed some light on this? Thank you for taking the time.
Kind regards,
Artur.