Hello community!
I've been using Confluence Whiteboard and find it to have great potential to become a powerful tool for collaboration and visualizing ideas. However, I've noticed that it lacks a fundamental feature that many users, including myself, often rely on: table functionality.
For my use case, tables are essential for organizing information, creating structured content, and facilitating collaboration. That said, I would like to suggest considering adding basic table functionality to Confluence Whiteboard.
MURAL.co offers a table feature that is rich in useful capabilities for organizing content. Here are some of the key characteristics of MURAL's table functionality that could serve as a reference for implementing tables in Confluence Whiteboard:
Content Versatility: You can add various types of elements inside cells, including sticky notes, text, shapes, images, and icons, among others.
Intuitive Text Input: Simply double-clicking in a cell allows you to write text.
Section-Like Behavior: MURAL's tables function similarly to the Confluence Whiteboard's section function, enabling elements within the table to be moved around the board.
Dynamic Sizing: Columns and rows automatically adjust their size based on content.
Copy/Cut and Paste: Easily copy, cut, and paste content within cells, columns, rows, and tables.
- Cell Merging and Splitting: This feature provides advanced control over content layout.
Easy Row and Column Management: It's simple to add new rows or columns to the right, left, above, or below, enhancing flexibility.
- Basic Formatting: Offering options for basic formatting of table elements, such as text styles and cell background colors, can enhance the visual appeal of the tables.
The addition of table functionality to Confluence Whiteboard would significantly enhance its utility for my team's use case.
I would like to ask if it is possible to create a Jira ticket requesting such a feature or if there's any existing one so I can provide an upvote. Is there a roadmap for Confluence Whiteboard development that could shed light on when we might expect this feature to become available?
I look forward to hearing from the community on this topic.
Best regards, Cleber Marques