In Jira Software, can I get a report (list) of just issue id's or other fields (not a column of issue id's and titles) without using a 3rd party tool? The question is not for a specific use right now--just a general question.
Hello @Phil Bustin
Can you provide more information about your question?
Is the goal to get the data from a set of issues, or to get a list of field names (not the data in those fields?
You can use the "View all issues" screen to search for issues. If you set the output view to List then you can select the columns (fields) that you want to show for each issue in the result set.
You can use the Filter Results gadget on a Jira Dashboard to display the results of the filter similarly on a dashboard.
Thank you, Trudy. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.
My immediate motivation was a one-issue discrepancy between
a) the diffrerence between subtracting the number of issues result from an issues created filter and an issues resolved filter, and
b) a filter designed to show that difference.
I discovered, after I started posting the question to the Community, that there was a change that needed to be made to one of the filters, and that resolved the discrepancy, I kept the question (but reworded it), because I wanted to know the answer for the future.
[This reply removed in order to open a new post.]
Trudy, I was able to select the key in the dashboard Filter Results gadget, but haven't found out how to set the filter output view to List. Can you help, please?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.