The linked assets field doesn't bring up my assets when I start typing in the field so I have no way to link them. Instead it brings up assets from a third party asset app that we uninstalled. How do I update the field to show assets from in the service app?
Hello @RobertD !
When you create your custom field based on (JSM) Assets objects, make sure you choose Assets objects and not External Asset platform..
Thanks for the reply. I haven't created any fields. I removed a third party asset app, then upgraded my free plan to premium trial. I'm now testing the built in asset functionality and it's not working out of the box. What do I need to do to fix the current Linked Asset field? Thanks
I found where the custom fields are but it doesn't look like there's a way to change it. As a trial user who hasn't customized anything, this isn't going well. Why are built in fields called custom fields and why isn't it working out of the box? I suspect the third party external app caused the issue but that was uninstalled. Thanks
I was able to create a new field based off your screenshot and have it working now. Still the question remains, why was the out of box field with the description "Link assets to an issue. This custom field is created programmatically and required by Jira Service Management." not working? Is it safe to move that to trash?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.