I have a growing list of DONE Epics that are crowding my Epic Panel in the backlog. How do I remove completed Epics using a Team Managed Project? (i.e. there is no option to "Mark as Done" that I can see)
Oh, I think I know what is happening. It has to do with the mapping of issue statuses to columns. There was a similar post about this in one of the Jira communities. I'm trying to find it.
Are all your green/done statuses mapped to the column farthest to the right on the board?
I think the Epic will be removed when Done only if it and all its child issues and all their subtasks are mapped to a status in the farthest right column of the board. I seem to recall that if there was more than one green/done status those also had to all be mapped to the right-most column.
I know I did testing an noted it in the other post. I'll keep looking for that post.
Hey @fhzjrk5 and welcome! I believe you can just close the Epic....that works for me in a TMP...
Agree. The display of Epics in Team Managed projects should be based on the Status Category of their currently assigned Status. If the Epic is in a Status that is part of the "Done" Status Category (statuses display as green lozenges) then they should be removed from the display.
Thanks for the quick responses @Trudy P Claspill and @Laurie Sciutti
Unfortunately, my experience is different. Attaching a screenshot below showing one Epic that is Done but remains in the Epic panel. There are many of these Done Epics.
Found it
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/C%C3%B3mo-desaparecer-las-%C3%A9picas-terminadas-del-panel-de-%C3%A9picas/qaq-p/2476858
Based on my experiments, if you have the two statuses in separate columns then all the child issues of the Epic must be in the column farthest to the right in order for the Epic to be removed from the panel. If you map both statuses to that one column, then you can have your Epic and all child stories in any combination of those two statuses and the Epic will be removed from the panel.
Yup! This was the fix. Thank you @Trudy P Claspill !!
@fhzjrk5 Hello, I'm running into the same issue. Did you ever figure this out?
Yes. All of the child issues need to be in a status this is mapped to a Done column (farthest right column on your board). It was a few weeks ago now but I believe the solve was simply updating the board configuration to map certain "Rejected" issues to a Done column. Try that and see if it works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.