Following the example in the serverless-deploy documentation, I've added the following code to my pipeline:
- echo 'npm install serverless-lift@1.*' > .install-sls-plugins.sh
# - echo 'cat serverless.yml && echo "Youre grounded"' > .install-sls-plugins.sh
- chmod +x .install-sls-plugins.sh
- pipe: atlassian/serverless-deploy:1.4.0
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
DEBUG: 'true'
EXTRA_ARGS: '--stage ${STAGE}'
PRE_EXECUTION_SCRIPT: '.install-sls-plugins.sh'
When `.install-sls-plugins.sh` tries to run an npm command the pipe hangs and eventually times out ater 10 minutes with the following message:
<span>INFO: Executing pre-execution script before pipe running sh .install-sls-plugins.sh</span>
time="2023-09-27T15:50:09Z" level=error msg="error waiting for container: unexpected EOF"
When I change the contents of the script to `cat` and `echo` (as seen in the commented-out line above) the script runs fine, but the pipe fails because the lift plugin is missing, even though it's listed as a dependency in the `serverless.yml` file.
I'd like to avoid having to compile my own pipe, and this seems like exactly what the pre-execution script is designed for, based on the docs. How can I solve this?