Can we create multiple issues at once through automation when an issue moved from one status to another status
Hi @Rahul ,
This is exactly how I'm using automation. You can do that and much more!
You can create them as children of the issue that triggered the automation or they can be completely unrelated.
At a really high level I would do this:
Trigger: Issue Transitioned
Condition: Issue does not have any subtasks
Action: Create 3 Subtasks, using the summary and due date from the issue that triggered the automation
There are other considerations such as, should it apply to issues on one project, multiple projects or globally? Should it run if another automation rule triggers it?
Couldn't agree more with this response. Only addition I would make is to check for the Sub-task Summary so you're not duplicating sub-tasks every time you transition the issue.
Thank you @Mathew Lederman ! This is what I was attempting to do by checking that subtasks are not present on the issue that triggered the automation , but comparing the summary would be a more robust solution for this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.