I have 96 issues that are closed that seem to capture my new sprint number that I have created. I dont want to delete the sprint that the issues were compelted in , but I want to delete the new sprint number that the issues are trying to tie to .
Hi @Bridgette Dennis , thanks for your question. I have understood you want to update the sprint number to a group of issues. You should be able to do this with a bulk update.
In the same moment, you could also re-open them if you like.
What do you think? Will this work for your requirement? If not, please give us your feedback and either I or someone else will try to help.
Cheers
Hi Valerie, I have selected all the items in Jira that are closed but no I dont want to open them. Some of the tickets were completed in jira sprint 1, and or 2. but now that the ticket is closed and I've started a new sprint , its saying these closed tickets are also in sprint 3. Does that make senses. I want to remove sprint 3 but want to ensure they stay in the sprints they were actually completed in.
I do not see a way to remove one sprint number from a bulk of tickets
Hi @Bridgette Dennis , you can consider using Automation for this. However, zeroing in on removing the culprit sprint needs a bit of thought. Is the sprint to be removed associated with ANY issues where it should remain? If so then we need to ensure to identify/exclude those issues in the issues JQL branch.
Roughly....
Trigger - manual
Branch related issues JQL
Action - edit issue - {{sprint.remove("Sprint xxx")}}
Hi Jack im only trying to remove from tickets that I have closed .
Can you construct a JQL that returns only the issues where you want to remove the sprint? If so, please share. If you need assistance with setting up the proposed automation rule, I can help in about an hour as I am away from my desk ATM.
Here is an example, as you can see I have done a query where I only see the tickets that are closed with the sprint 10.01.2023 that I do not want
Hi @Bridgette Dennis , I just had a look in the Atlassian documentation and they have provided this guide - Delete a completed sprint in a company-managed project | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support
Is this what you want to achieve? Have you tried this already?
Please let us have your feedback.
Hi Valerie ,
I dont want to delete the sprint - I want to delete the items that are "Closed" in the active sprint .
they shouldnt be apart of this new sprint and Im sure I will end up seeing the tickets soon that were in the sprint that need to be closed so I need to find a solution soon.
Thanks
I strongly recommend that you do not do this. Deleting the sprint information on an issue destroys all the reporting on the sprints.
To stop having issues move to the next sprint, you need to flag them as "done" before you close the current sprint.
I was surfing the community to find the answer for this question , and i figured out the excellent workaround for this, the idea is simple 1. Make the simple automation rule - for example simple trigger for the update the issue. 2. The action will be clear the field: Sprint (chose field to set: Sprint)Then next step is running the bulk edit of the particular set of the issues from the issues search. I have choosed to edit the labels field - add value "cleared"Then just finish the steps on a bulk edit and confirm start itThe result - bulk edit is triggering updating the issue field , and the Last Sprint was removed from the tickets a edited in a bulk. Notice, that i didn't have any active sprints, and tickets last Sprint should exactly what you intended to remove.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.