I have created a new template in a Confluence space for a certain data type. That works perfectly well. Next however, I want to be able to create pages from this template that are linked back to it. I can't talk about the specific use case, but I'll give something that has the same data relationships as an example.
Let's say that you wanted to create a Confluence space for a kid's soccer league. On the main page you had a listing of teams (which is using the Page Properties Report macro to list all of the teams that have been created using that template in the space). Then once you go into each team page, you want to be able to create players. Ideally on each team page, you would want to have a list of each of the players (only for that team) and then be able to create a new player page from the team page with a single click.
The main problem that I am having is how to populate a variable value from the Create from Template Macro. Ideally, I would have a variable $team_name on the team page that I could pass through as the value for the Page Properties ID field on the player page.
Has anyone been able to get something like this to work?