Hi all,
I'm trying to create an automation that will edit the status macro on a page when all the tasks on said page have been completed.
Is this possible?
Thank you!
Hello @Harry Lee ,
Technically this is possible: it is up to you how to do it:
I suppose the general approach would be to run the code when the new version is created (when checkbox is ticked, it creates a new page version) and parse page body to check if all the get all tasks from xHTML/HTML and if all tasks have 'complete' status that is set as the xhtml attribute:
<ac:task-status>complete</ac:task-status>
<ac:task> <ac:task-id>2</ac:task-id> <ac:task-status>complete</ac:task-status> <ac:task-body><span class="placeholder-inline-tasks"><ac:link><ri:user ri:account-id="xxx" /></ac:link> task here <time datetime="2023-09-28" /> </span></ac:task-body> </ac:task>
If all the ``` ac:task ``` elements have complete status then you can update the page and update the Status macro inner code (<ac:parameter ac:name="title">resolved</ac:parameter>).
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="status" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="c0849f79-ce68-46ba-8539-088974fc596a"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">resolved</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro>
@Andrii Maliuta - That makes sense in theory. How would one check if all ac;task status have been checked?
Please re-read the whole comment.
If the child parameter of the element contains 'resolved'.
@Andrii Maliuta apologies, I meant would you use an automation within confluence automation such as the send web request? I'm new to utilising the REST api so trying to learn as much as I can!
Hi @Harry Lee !
I suppose that the options are:
If I am not mistaken, usually Script Runner app (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215215/scriptrunner-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview ) is used for the easy of automation as it has built-in listeners, behaviors, jobs, etc.
Also, the custom addon can be created using Forge/ Atlassian Connect if you need some custom functionality.
Hope I did not confuse
Is this possible using the built in Confluence Automation, or is it only possible with Scriptrunner or Forge?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.