I am at my wit's end with trying to figure out the structure and use of Smart Values. Does someone know of a guide or reference book that serves this purpose?
A simple example of my problem with this is using worklogAuthor in a JQL search but knowing I need to change that to {{worklog.Author}} to get that value back out of the search results.
My list of attempts to utilize what is published in the Atlassian documentation in a rule that ultimately fails due to issues like this would be a novel in itself.
Even with the help of experienced users like @Bill Sheboy this can be an arduous task.
Why is the Atlassian documentation so poor? I'm pretty certain that it never gets any updates to improve it and It always seems to me that no matter what I am looking for the example given to explain the use of the smart value is never what you are looking for and there is no way to know how to alter it for what you need.
To summarize, if someone can point to a resource I would appreciate it.
Rant over for now.