Hello all,
I fear this issue is not something that can be resolved through the community, but I was advised by support that due to the account being in the free tier, my issue needs to be routed through here.
Alas, I decided to separate my Atlassian Assist chat functionality from the Slack workspace I had initially used for testing. It was originally under a "managers only" Slack workspace. I have now decided to create a new Slack workspace, dedicated to IT helpdesk ticket creation/questions.
As far as I could tell I did everything I could as far as removing ***OLD***.slack.com from the settings in Jira and Slack. I deleted the Slack Integration for that workspace as well as removed the Jira and Atlassian Assist Apps from that workspace.
However, after adding ***NEW***.slack.com to the Slack Integration section in Jira Service management project settings, when I go to the Channels>Chat then Configure, it automatically forces me to add Atlassian Assist back to ***OLD***.slack.com. I tried to work around the issue by clicking the "Add to Slack" button on that page and then just changing the URL on the subsequent page to start with ***NEW***.com, which seemed to work. Unfortunately, when you go into the chat channel in the ***NEW*** Slack where the Atlassian bot should work, it doesn't activate/respond to commands.
Also, when you click on the Atlassian Assist App in the Apps section, it says
"This is still a work in progress
In the meantime, learn more about Atlassian Assist and what it can do by visiting the About tab."
I have removed and re-added the app several times just to test if it was a temporary issue, and perhaps the project settings in Jira would reflect my workaround attempt to link the Atlassian Assist App to the New Slack Workspace.
Has anyone encountered this and knows of a way to fix the issue?
Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance,
Stephen