Need assistance.
I have created different labels. But now I want to remove the certain labels from my Label(Issue type). My project is team managed and I am the admin.
Hi @Shivani Bhardwaj , thanks for your question.
If you read here, How to delete a label in Jira | Jira | Atlassian Documentation, it's not really possible to delete a label but you can remove it from the issues by using a bulk update.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Hi @Shivani Bhardwaj ,
Labels can't be simply deleted from Jira via UI and/or database.
There is already a feature request for this. You can vote and watch for the update on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-33672
Article in the below link gives a workaround. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-delete-a-label-in-jira-297667646.html
Hi @Shivani Bhardwaj
The articles above help to guide you, but simply said;
To remove a label, you would need to find all issues using the label to be deleted and bulk update or create an automation (trigger manually or scheduled) to find all issues and remove the label.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.