I find Screens one of the worse illogical topics in Jira. Granted you have Submit, View and Edit screen. This is logic because you need one screen to Submit, one screen to View and one screen for Edit . . . although Edit and View are the same thing BTW. You edit what you view and in contraposition what you view can be potential edited.
Why when creating a new Screen you have to edit it in three different locations?
- Screen -set it first-
- Screen Scheme -set it second-
- Scheme Location -set it third-
- Additionally I have found while applying the new Screen to a project, Jira screams about fields that are incorrect in the project. I want to apply it to my new Issue Type not all of them!
Is there somewhere a clear walkthrough in how to set up those Screen correctly and to a single Issue Type only? Because I am now in a position to mimic another product (migration) where a Task has different fields layout than its Parent for Submit/View/Edit.
Thanks to anyone who can illuminate this path.