Hi Atlassian Community,
I'm currently working on a project where we're using Jira Software to manage our tasks and issues. We have a custom field called "Priority Level" that we use to classify the importance of each issue, with values ranging from "Low" to "High."
I already check this guide : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management- cloud/docs/create-an-automation-rule-to-prioritize-your-service-desks-incident/salesforce admin course
I'm looking for guidance on how to automate the transition of issues between certain workflow statuses based on the value of this "Priority Level" custom field. Specifically, I want to:
- Move issues with a "Low" priority to a "Waiting for Triage" status.
- Move issues with a "Medium" priority to an "In Progress" status.
- Move issues with a "High" priority to a "Critical" status.
I believe that Jira Workflow Automation might be the solution, but I'm not sure how to set up these rules effectively. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions with the or point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!