Some background information:
- Project A hosts Epics and Tasks
- Project B hosts Initiatives (Initiatives are done through epics in multiple projects, and for clarity's sake I'm only mentioning one project where the Epics are)
- Epics are the child issues for the Initiatives in Project B
- We want to have the Epics as Child Issues and as blocking issues for the Initiative to facilitate the use of the timeline and dependency report in Advanced Roadmaps
I'm trying to automate the following:
- Parent Link added by the user to an Epic in Project A
- Parent is an Initiative in Project B
- Add an "Is blocked by" Issue Link to the Initiative from the trigger issue
I've tried the following automation in Project A:
- When: Value changes for Parent Link
- For: Parent
- Then: Edit issue files
- Linked Issues
- Is blocked by: Trigger issue
This does not create the link between the Epic and Initiative. I've added both of the projects as the Scope for the Automation.
Any thoughts on how to get the Automation working?
Thanks.