Hello Community Members,
Is there any way I can migrate my content from Confluence to SharePoint Online? Please help if anyway perform this.
Hi @Monika Rani
You have various ways to export data from Confluence, all listed here:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml/
However, it pretty much depends on how SharePoint receives data, so you need to export and convert in a format SharePoint can import.
Or use 3rd party app like this one.
@Teodora V _Warsaw Dynamics_ this app is a connector, I don't need an integration. I need to migrate it completely. I know the ways the export data from confluence, but the question is how I can import it into SharePoint.
Since this community offers supportive content on Atlassian Tools, you may have more luck reading the Microsoft one. A user with a similar need posted a question on their Learning platform, so my advice would be to research more on the side of the tool you migrate to:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/851296/confluence-to-sharepoint-online-migration
It depends on your requirements. For instance, you can export entire space through space tools as MS Word or PDF files. Then you can import the result into SharePoint to have all your pages in this format.
HTML publishing can be done through the process described on Microsoft site. However, you will lose page links, navigation, labels and many other types of essential content.
If you need more elaborate content, such as modern pages, links, macros, metadata, users, groups, permissions etc, you may consider professional solutions like Enterprise Bridge.
I have a script written in Python, that takes an exported HTML folder and upload it to SharePoint, you can try it out https://github.com/dirar/confluenc_to_sharepoint
Hi @dirar
Thanks for the script. Does this only work when all paths are in Windows? When I try it from a Linux server, I’m getting the following error.
Path not found. Check the path name and try again.An unexpected error occurred: No active exception to reraise
Hello @Zubair Khan Pathan , did you try changing windows_path in the settings file? I work with linux most of the time and it should work
under settings.cfg I have been added this "windows_path = False" but still I'm getting that error.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.