I have trashed some projects, and I am running now the Backup manager. I am wondering if the back up would included all the data / avatars/ attachments / settings al those projects? or If I will need to restore it again for that?
Hi @Yanira Rodriguez
I am part of Revyz, we help customers backup, restore, manage their Jira configuration data, you can learn more about our app here if your interested.
To address your question: The Backup Manager includes most of your data namely:
- Issues and associated data such as comments & Attachments etc..
- Most of configuration such as Issue Types, Workflows etc..
What does not get backed-up are Automations and certain JSM Assets and JSM related customizations.
Some things to keep in mind:
Backup - If your Jira site is very large then backup manager may not sometimes work and of course you can only run backups every 2 days
Restore - This is where things become interesting as it is relatively easy to backup assuming the data set size is small.
- Reference below the instructions that you have to follow for restoring back the data:
https://[YOURSITE].atlassian.net/secure/admin/CloudImport!start.jspa?source=CLOUD
As stated above you get all your data back i.e. your site gets over-written - something to keep in mind i.e. in the process of recovering data you might end up loosing more data.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Vish
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.