Is it possible to use automation to copy the "Sprint" field into a selected text field, for example, or multi-selection?
You can certainly use automation to copy the value that appears in the Sprint field and place it in another field. Is that your goal? Have you attempted creating the rule and having an issue?
Hi @Ivan Andrieiev !
Copying into a text field would be simple using Smart Values. The smart value for this would be: {{issue.sprint}} .
When do you want this to happen? Is is when that field on the issue is populated?
@Jack Brickey @David Blank Hi
this is my automation, with the help of a smart value I can copy into the sprint text field in which the task was, but1. I only need an active sprint2. Perhaps the most difficult part of this task is that I have to select the sprint from the multi-selection field of sprints that I created earlier.
@Ivan Andrieiev , I think what you are trying to convey here is that if you happen to have more than one sprint listed in the sprint field then how do you extract only the active Sprint. Is that the case? Assuming so then you could consider creating a custom field and use an automation rule to copy the active sprint into that field when the sprint starts. I found this post in the community that might be useful - Get-active-sprint-name-in-smart-value-for-automation
@Jack Brickey
I also found this discussion, but I need the active sprint field to populate into a multi-select field, not a text field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.