I am having issues with editing my pages. Once I go in to edit a page that I have already been working on, the information seems to have disappeared. How do I fix this issue?
Hi @Robin-Keith Green , without actually seeing this in person, it would be very difficult to troubleshoot here. I have never had an issue with data being lost with Confluence to the best of my recollection. It should be auto saving.
Are others experiencing the same problem? Does this happen on all pages or maybe a specific one? Are you using any add-ons that might be contributing to your problem? When you say the information disappears can you be more specific? Does everything disappear that you've added during the edit session? Is the page published or is it still a draft?
As you can see, there are a lot of questions and not really any answers so I apologize for that.
Same with me, never had this issue before. It seems to just be the one page that is published, that we picking up the issue on. The information shows when we on the specific Confluence Space, but as soon as you try to edit the page the information is completely gone (no longer visible). We have made a copy of the page, and the information is showing when we edit that page (but not on the original one).We have not added any add-ons that I am aware of.
Quite bizarre for sure. There's definitely something part about this page especially since you're able to copy it and reproduce it. Are there any macros in the page? Just wondering if there's something odd going on with a specific macro. Given that you are on free instance, and don't have access to Atlassian support, I have flagged this in hopes that someone might be able to have a look. In the meantime, my only suggestion would be to start fresh with a new page.
Hi @Robin-Keith Green
This could be due to an unpublished draft version causing the issue, in order to resolve this issue could you please click on Revert to last published version option ?
Please follow the below steps.
Here is an excerpt of our documentation that talks about this topic:
Regards,Sumit Uniyal
@Robin-Keith Green Upon further this behaviour has been identified as a bug and we have the below bug ticket opened for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-76691.
As a workaround, you need to publish the page and then move the page to the previous version.
That sounds frustrating. First, check whether your changes were saved or if you're editing the correct page version. Clearing your browser cache, disabling conflicting plugins, or trying a different browser can also help. If the problem continues, contact your platform's support team to investigate possible database or editor issues. I recently had a similar experience while updating content about alight motion apk, and restoring a previous revision solved it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.