In Jira SM we have a project for change management and a Change issuetype.
We also have a service desk project where Events issuetypes are created from monitoring tools are directed
Both of these use the Affected Services field.
What I would like to do is use the time between the Deploying and Completed statuses on the Change issue to update all Events with the same Affected Services created in that time window.
This of course needs a lookup with JQL . That JQL will need the Affected Services set in the Change issue.
Looking at a manually created JQL the service name gets converted to a very long ID, so I assume I'll need the same ID and not the display name to appear in the Lookup JQL based on {{triggerIssue.Affected Services}}, but this produces the human readable service name. I've tried many things that failed, and the following which produces display name.
{{#issue.Affected services}}{{.}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}There's probably a way to find the valid dot operators for any field, which a trick I'd love to learn, but I'll settle for the correct syntax in a pinch if you have it.