Hi,
I believe I can use several different issue types as my 'requirement'. I have no need for Epics and Stories, and so a simple Task suits my purposes.
I have many tests in xRay. I may or may not choose to use Test Sets. Obviously, to run them, I need an Execution. For re-testing, I need additional executions, and so I use Test Plan to keep track of the most recent result.
To my mind, I need only link (Is tested by) the Test Plans that fulfil my 'requirement' to a Task...
I have changed my App>Xray Settings>Test Coverage>Coverable Issue Types to include Test Plan and Task.
I have Issue links relation as Testing, Issue Link Type Direction as Inward - Is being tested by
NOTE: I am doing this retrospectively, ie AFTER I have completed my Testing (test runs executed). For future Jira management, I am now investigating reporting.
I have created a Task called Functional Testing
I have linked three Test Plans as Is tested by
When I select Test Coverage, the window shows UNCOVERED ???
Surely the whole point of issue linking is to fulfil the purpose of adding an issue that has tests?
NB If I open one of the Test Plans, because I have xRay Settings including Test Plan as a Coverable Item, it too has Test Coverage. but this too has UNCOVERED with a button to Add Tests ... DESPITE DIRECTLY BELOW THIS, there is an Overall Execution Status of 8 PASSED.
My first question is, can I add Test Plans to a Task with the expectation that coverage of the Task will report on the test status of all Test Plans?
My second, how do I do this?
I am wondering if xray have not integrated Test Coverage very well, and it will only report on tests that have been explicitly added as a Test Coverage tests. In the case of a Test Plan, this doesn't look like it makes any sense, as it appears to be asking to add individual tests to the Plan under/within Test Coverage (ie not tests in an Execution, or more to the point, multiple Executions, being the reason to have the plan)