Hello to Everyone!
So I'm basically trying to do automation for a roll up from the custom fields "Target start" and "Target end" when a story or a work change any of this both fields.
I would like to reflect on the Epic level the earliest Target start from all the stories, and the latest Target end from all the stories. This automation should be able to update even when we remove stories or add stories to the epic, or just update dates.
I followed this pages for reference:
The automation that I have built until now looks like this so far:
So there is goes my questions:
Thank you all in advance
Hi @RXAVIER
Before proceeding, I recommend checking if the Target Start and Target End fields are supported by automation rules. I recall earlier community posts that many Advanced Roadmap fields are not supported by rules. You can check this using this how-to article to confirm if the fields are supported for an example issue: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/ If you find the fields, they are supported.
Let's assume the fields are supported...
For your question #1 and #2, you are trying to update the epic with the earliest Target Start and latest Target End, correct? If so, the source for your edits should be the lookup results. Like this, filling in the correct values for the custom field ids:
{ "fields": { "customfield_13603": "{{lookupIssues.Target End.max}}" }}
For Target Start, use the min instead of the max value.
For your question #3, please consider all of the scenarios you want to handle, as you may need separate rules with separate triggers:
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks you @Bill Sheboy for you answer I think the automation is almost ready but I'm receiving the following error.
I already was reading this thread but I couldn't found the solution, I believe that my instance as date format as defined is there any walk around or way to check this out?
Thanks in advance,Roberto
This is one of those situations where Atlassian decided to implement non-standard formats for date and date/time fields.
The fix is to force the field's format during the edit in the JSON to match the requested format. In this case, that would be jiraDate. Using my earlier example, we would add this:
{ "fields": { "customfield_13603": "{{lookupIssues.Target End.max.jiraDate}}" }}
You can learn more about date/time smart values for similar situations here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/#--
Thanks for sharing that @Bill Sheboy didn't knew about it.
Even though I just tried to run it and got the same feedback from the JSON
This is the audit log (bellow is the JSON)
I didn't tried it for Target Start but I believe that the result would be quite the same. If you have any other option it would be really valuable.
Thanks in advance for you attention,Roberto
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.