Thanks!
This is killing me. Before the Jira update, I could Control F in the browser to find jira issues. This allowed me to easily find items in the backlog so that I can drag them around. When I use the built in search bar, I can find the Jira issue, but I can't drag it around because the search results are only showing the item I searched for.
Hi all! I'm a product manager working on the new board and backlog in Jira Software. The crl-f/cmd-f browser function won't work on the new board and backlog like it did on the old board and backlog. This is down to how content is rendered on the screen. Instead, you must use the search filter situated on the left of the filter bar. Once you find your issue you can use the card action menu to take some common actions. And if you need to change the ranking of an issue - when you clear the filter, the topmost selected issue will stay in focus. Let us know your thoughts. Thanks
Hi @Zuzana Prochazkova , welcome to the Community. ctrl+f is an OS feature not specific to Jira. I also wonder if it might be browser specific. Which browser an OS are you using? Can you try a different browser? Can you ask another user to try it out on their computer? Can you attempt ctrl+f on a web page other than Jira?
@Jack Brickey please see my comment above.
@Jonathan Kazarian , what am I missing?
OS = Mac Ventura 13.5.2
Browser = Safari
using CMD+F
@Jack Brickey check this vidoe. I'm using Chrome Version 116.0.5845.187 on a Mac running 13.5.2
- https://www.loom.com/share/65cc8b1b839b455e8fd52b9e65575b26?sid=40494a0a-caf6-479e-9926-a8ef44844ba6
If you disable "Enhance my board and backlog" ctrl-F works again.
I was hoping to use the `enhanced board and backlog`. It seems a lot faster, but without ctrl-F, I am wasting a ton of time dragging items around.
Hi @Eoin , is this a temporary work around based on this earlier mentioned bug? JSWCLOUD-25592
Yep, exactly!! This is the context of my problem!
@Eoin IThe expected behavior you described does not seem to be working.
In the enhanced backlog view, I cannot use Ctrl+F to find an issue unless it's already visible on the page.
So, like you have suggested here, I used the Search filter and that pulled up the issue. But since I want to see that issue with all the other issues around it (not alone!), I selected the issue (checked the little box on the left side of the issue) and then cleared the Search filter, but my view changed to show the top of the Sprint that issue was in - which meant I still could not see my issue, could not use Ctrl+F to find the issue, and had to just scroll and scroll until my eyes saw the issue I had selected.
Am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to quickly find an issue in a long Backlog without being forced to see the issue alone? Surely several clicks + scrolling + using my eyes cannot be the answer!
Thank you @Jack Brickey , i have just started watching this issue. Thanks!
Thank you, this fixed my issue.
Where is this option? I use to have the option when clicking on (...) in the backlog, but I no longer have the option to turn it off. I was excited to use the enhanced board & backlog as well, until I could no longer use Ctl+F. Without Ctl+F, Jira is useless to manage the backlog, I can manage it in a spreadsheet faster since I can search for tickets
Same here! I find it nearly impossible to prioritize tasks from my 400+ sprint!
Same problem here, i hope they can fix this really fast !
We have the same problem over here. CTRL-F was really fast to find and sort a ticket. Please help to restore this option.
The suggested workaround to use the search field then clear it works for me, but makes it super cumbersome, and I had to Google it to find the way to do it. Do you expect all our Jira users to do that, instead of just allowing to use the default browser functionality?And this is for months. I used the old board for as long as I could because of this, hoping it would be fixed soon, and here I find that it will not?! Are you trying to make people find some working method where all board backlog would be of <30 issues, or simply stop using Jira?
Use that script with Tamper Monkey// ==UserScript==// @Name Jira — keep browser Ctrl+F on Backlog only// @namespace https://your-team.example// @Version 1.1// @description Let the browser’s find bar open on Jira backlog pages.// @match *://*.atlassian.net/*// @Run-at document-start// @Grant none// ==/UserScript==
(function () {window.addEventListener('keydown',(e) => {if (!/backlog/i.test(location.href)) return; // only on backlogconst hitFind =(e.key === 'f' || e.key === 'F') && (e.ctrlKey || e.metaKey);if (hitFind) e.stopImmediatePropagation(); // silence Jira},true);})();That worked for me generated using ChatGPT o3Enjoy !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.