Hi
Recently I try to set up a rule using JIRA Automation to transition a linked issue as "Done", when one issue is linked to the other issue.
My requirements are:
Hi @SU YU SIOU ,
Is your automation working as expected? If not, are you able to see the Audit Log after changing the status to done on one of your linked issues?
One note without knowing the problems you are facing is that you will need your automation to have a Global scope in order to change issues across projects.
Additionally, is there a reason you are checking the link type twice? (once on the branch rule criteria and again right after when you are checking if it is already done).
Other than the notes above it seems like what you have should work. I'll be interested to hear what problems you are facing with this.
Hi David
Thank you for your feedback. Under same project, the automation is not working as expected after I change one of the linked issue to "Done", the other lined issue still same status without any change. The log shows "The following issues did not match the condition."
The reason I checking the link type twice with "Linked issues" and "Current issue" is because I want to make sure once the automation trigger first the linked issue, the other linked issues(Current issue) will also be trigger and change status to "Done" also from no matter what status it is.
I may misunderstand something here to fail on the automation.
@SU YU SIOU ok, thank you for the additional detail. Since the "Relates To" link type has the same inward and outward descriptions you should be covered using only the first branch rule.
When I am facing challenges with automation, I start by stripping it down to the most basic form, starting there, and then making small incremental changes checking that it works along the way.
I would remove the extra branch rule and the condition in your first branch rule that is checking the status "Status!=done" and link type. After doing this, try it out and check your logs to see if it is working and then you can start to add your conditions back.
Thank you so much! It work well now based on your suggest : )
May I also know how to adjust the automation log to apply cross project status change? For now within same project the linked issue will change status once one of the issue change to "Done" but I try to linked two different issues under two different project won't able to perform again with existing automation log. Do I need to add additional branch in existing automation log to meet my new expectation?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.