Hello Team,
I need to download all the field and its data type for each work item in JIRA.
Major requirement is to download custom fields and its data type in JSON/XML format.
Please suggest, if we have some mechanism to do the same.
Thanks,
Abhi
Hi @Abhinandan Maheshwari
welcome to the Atlassian Community.
There is a REST API endpoint which lists all available fields within a Jira instance including the type information. The url is constructed like this:
BASE_URL/rest/api/3/field
You can see an example response here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/field.
Is this what you're looking for?
Cheers,Matthias.
Thanks a lot for Support
@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
When I downloaded this JSON, for sub task I see below configuration, where as in User Story, it is showing as Sub-task (without s), Please suggest, what is correct name for Subtask, as I need to show this field in my application which shows all the JIRA work items and related fields.
{"id": "subtasks","key": "subtasks","name": "Sub-tasks","custom": false,"orderable": false,"navigable": true,"searchable": false,"clauseNames": ["subtasks"],"schema": {"type": "array","items": "issuelinks","system": "subtasks"}},
I'd still go ahead and use the name property to display them. Subtasks are a bit different because in Jira's UI, it's not only showing the value, but also resolving the actual issues in to clickable links.
For other fields, the name property should be what you want.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.