Hi,
I've being trying a bunch of different things and read a lot of articles.
I am trying to calculate each of our sprints, sprint commitment. However I can't sum story points in a sprint using any jira automation approach. The first data point that is needing is sprint_accepted_story_point_sum.
By reading posts, I now believe that summing sprint story points is something that can't be done via standard sprint stories as it seems this can only be used for Epics and Parent / Subtasks. However, I thought I'd ask the more experienced community to see it is possible.
Here is my automation for the sprint_accepted_story_point_sum


I have verified that the JQL returns the open sprint stories.
You can see in the edit issue component I have the sprint_accepted_story_point_sum selected and trying to do a lookupissues.Story Points.sum.
The log never shows summed story points.
There Log shows success and says "Story point sum " with no sum.
Can you please verify that automation can't do this kind of summing or suggest a way that this can be achieved without the need for a marketplace plugin?