Dear all,
I am looking into using confluence as a lab management tool. I would like to manage projects, milestones, new ideas, but also experimental data such as pictures, plots and other data, similar to a lab notebook.
Is anyone using confluence for this purpose and has some advice? For example which plugins would be good to have (currently I am on a Confluence demand, but might change later this year), which (self-made) templates are handy, ... ?
In more detail, I have one specific question:
1.) What is the best way to handle scientific publications? Do you start a new Wiki page for each? Is there a way to import metadata such as journal name, authors into the wiki page? How do you link to the publication, e.g. in an experimental procedure? Any automatic way to include a new publication into the Wiki library?
I am aware that there are other (commercially) available solutions such as Labguru (not so flexible and customizable), but so far I have not found a good alternative. Or maybe someone has another suggestion what they use?
Many thanks, tartrate.