I was pretty sure i could change type to Epic from this menu, but now it only available via "Move" option. Can you confirm this is not a bug? Thanks in advance
Hi @Serhii Ukharskyi ,
Epic issue type has special field like Epic Name. In my opinion, you can't move issue to Epic because that field can't be automatically set.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hi @Serhii Ukharskyi
This is not a bug.
Epic would be available if it has the exact same workflow as the issue types mentioned in the dropdown.
It's depending on the workflow that's being used by an issue type.
If they are differetn then the only option is the move action.
Epic and the current issue type probably do not share the same workflow anymore.
Regards
I created new project in a new jira instance and ended with the same result. All settings are default, can only change to a type with the same level in hierarchy, I think
Yes, that is probably the reason. But I was sure it was possible to do so before. False memories, maybe ). Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.