My ask is, what is the best practice to make the Epic workflow?
Hi @Srinivsarao Mutyam
Thanks,Kindly provide any sample workflow for our ref:Use case: Examples below
Product Development/Software Development
Supply chain
Farmaceuticas
Thanks in advance
Hello @Srinivsarao Mutyam
Welcome to the community.
Please find a simple workflow I've designed for EPIC.
My requirement for EPIC workflow was simple.
There are some transitions to be added for moving tickets back to previous statuses and I might also add more statuses. But this is the basic one I have created. Also this workflow is currently inactive. I am yet to finalize it.
A standard Epic issue type only has three statuses "To Do", "In Progress", and "Done" - see the Epic Status field. The trick is to NOT have an issue status complicate what the Epic status actually is. The simplest and best approach is to create a separate workflow for the Epic issuetype and include transitions between all states to update the issue state. Remember to also set the resolution field at "To Do" and also Done.
I also include a trash status to make life easier, if it's in trash it's still in the project but not on the board. I set the resolution to "Won't Do" and Epic Status to Done for Epics moved to trash. The idea here is to empty the trash after 2 weeks/month or move into a hidden project just in case it's needed. I've had incidents where people delete issues and then want them back, this is the simple fix for that problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.