With the latest upgrade to Atlas teams, organization admins can now make changes to any team profile used in Atlas (across most Atlassian cloud projects) — even if they’re not a member. When viewing a profile for a team, admins aren't a part of, they'll notice a few extra buttons in the left sidebar that let them:
Previously, an organization admin would have to join a team before they could make any changes to it and then remember to leave the team when they’re done. While it may seem like a small inconvenience, it really adds up when the process must be repeated for a large number of teams at a time.
We hope this makes the lives of admins, and the management for teams in Atlas better.Looking forward to your feedback 🙂
That's some good news. Hopefully, the concept of Teams will be elaborated even more over all Atlassian products, with extra features.
Thanks for the feedback @Dave MathijsWe currently have these features:
Here's what we're currently working on:
Please let us know if you had any other further thoughts on how Teams can be elaborated even more.
Â
Can you elaborate on "organization admins" are you referring to the Jira Admins group?
Hi @Dawn Rodney , thank you for the question.
No this is separate from Jira admins, it's a higher level. Organisation admins are the highest level of admins we have at Atlassian, read more about this role here:Â https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/Â
Can we please have this for Jira Admins, they are typically the folks that need this.
Hello,
Thank you for the amazing news and what have already been done.
Can you go into details about Importing teams from Identity providers and Identity groups?
I have a few questions
Is there a dedicated roadmap for Atlas and Teams, where we can see what is it planned?
I would like to go more into details about these two products.
What will you plan for Admins?
Roles in a team (owner of a team, manager of a team, specific roles in a team like lead tech or qa lead or PM or tech...), because just have a team with people inside is not enough.For exemple if I want to assign a ticket to a team and I want to assign it specifically to the QA lead (I don't want to have to search who is it, just choose the role in the team).
How can we give the hand on teams for an owner or a manager of a team?Who can be able to update who is in the team, without the help of Admins?
Do you plan to have some different kind of Teams? Teams, Guilds or else.
What about nested teams?
What about API?
What about Automation?
Huge and interesting topic.
As far as I understand it organization admins are pretty much at the top regarding privileges. Ours at least are neither supposed to manage Atlas teams nor to invite other users into the top tier privilege group just for this purpose.
I suggest extending the team management privileges to product admins for Atlas. This allows organization admins to grant the privilege selectively.
During the pre-stages of changes to teams I was working with the development team about how the teams, teams field should work.A few key things that we had talked about were having teams be controlled 3 ways.
I am really excited to see the 3rd option come to life. My next thought was that I really want to know if there is an ETA on the org chart? It has been set to coming soon for a long time? Any update would be awesome.
Hi there! A few questions for you @Joe Nguyen
Hey @Joe Nguyen As a Jira admin, and a User Access Admin, I am able to add users to groups. I can give users Licenses to Atlassian products. BUT I can't manage the Users on a team, which poses less risk. This Needs to be changed to at the very least allow User access Admins to change and manage teams.Â
Hi @Joe Nguyen @Yerbol NisanbayevÂ
Any update please on thishttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlas-Group-articles/Organization-admins-can-now-change-or-manage-any-team/bc-p/2511738#M363
No news from you since 2023
Please can you post something?
Nicolas Le Corno
Pretty cool feature. Is there a reason why some org admins would be able to view all teams and their operations but not one particular org admin?
Many thanks for implementing this features.But as stated above it is a bit strange that only Org Admins can change this ... especially when people leave the company it is difficult for the project manager to clean up the project teams since having no access ... and usually the Org Admin is a overloaded or even not available.So there is the need to select for this the appropriate admin level (e.g. as stated above the product admin)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.