We are trying to create an automation that will create a fix version once an initiative issue type is created so that we can have easily filtering in the Plan view. The only issue is that we only can create cross-project releases in the road map plan view which takes time. How can we accompish this via the JIRA API endpoints? I see a merge versions endpoint but not sure if this will create a cross-project fix version / release?
hello @farhan_t_islam and welcome.In fact, versions are specific elements specific to a project and cannot be linked to several different projects.I will advise you to use Epic instead. I think that Epic will be able to meet your needs very well.
They can be linked to several projects if you create a Cross Project release in the Roadmap plan view.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/creating-and-configuring-cross-project-releases-813891772.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.