Hi,
I have been trying everything,,, and reading all kinds of posts, but none seem to meet what I am trying to do. I need to capture a specific line in the description and add it to the Summary. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am down a rabbit hole and going nowhere.
I am trying to change the summary to this:
Bug - User Name - Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins
I tried using: the first part works - it is the second part that isn't working
This part works:
{{issue.summary.replace("Application Support Request: App3 Bug","Bug")}} -
This part doesn't work:
{{issue.description.substringBetween("Details: ","Requested For:")}}
This resulted in: Bug - User Name -
I also tried varioations of everything I could find... and none got the results I was hoping to achieve:
- {{issue.description.replace(issue.description.substringBetween("Details: /n","Requested For:"))}}
- {{issue.description.substringBetween("Details: \n","\n")}}
- {{issue.description.substringBeforeLast("\n Requested For:")}}
- and many others that didn't work...
Here is the info in my description, it is autofilled from another application like this:
Requested By: User Name
Issue Type: Appp 3.0 Bug
Details:
Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins
Requested For: User Name
Division: BlahdiDah
Department: MultiStuff
Title: Analyst
Phone #: 2225551212
Extension: 51212
Email: user.name@company.com
What I am trying to do is EITHER:
- Add a "1. " BEFORE the string"Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins" like below
Requested By: User Name
Issue Type: Appp 3.0 Bug
Details:
1. Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins
Requested For: User Name
Division: BlahdiDah
Department: MultiStuff
Title: Analyst
Phone #: 2225551212
Extension: 51212
Email: user.name@company.com
Or COMBINE the text "Details:" and the string "Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins"
Requested By: User Name
Issue Type: Appp 3.0 Bug
Details: Every time I try to pull up SPECIFC report from App3 it just spins
Requested For: User Name
Division: BlahdiDah
Department: MultiStuff
Title: Analyst
Phone #: 2225551212
Extension: 51212
Email: user.name@company.com