Hi, here's my use case
When a Confluence page containing text 'Page for abc-123' is created , I want to link it to a Jira with the key abc-123.
This would require comparing a string (title of wiki page) to key (Jira ID).
Is this even possible?
Hi @Saira ,
This is possible. What you do is add the link with the your "text" and add the URL which is the link of the actual jira ticket. So, when user click on the text, they will be redirected to the Jira ticket.
HEre's the documentation on all the different type of linking you can do.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-links-and-anchors/#
Hope this helps.
-Ben
it's not that simple Its' not a static / predictable URL or Jira. I don't know what Jira ID will be - all I know is there is a page with a title for syntax: Page for abc-123. If there's ever
A jira exists with ID abc-123
A page is created with title syntax: Page for abc-123
The automation needs to detect when the page is created, so it would compare the page's title and then look for issues that have a ID of abc-123. In Confluence's automation, I can add a check for title~'abc-123'
but after that what do I do? It does not give me an option to look up Jira issues with that key, and even if it did, I'd need to convert it the key to a string so that I can compare with the string abc-123 from the title.
What's the use case of this automation so that other members can offer possible solution. What's the "why" behind it?
In order to look up Jira issue, one way is to use the Jira API and add the issue key string into the API call and see what the return call is.
Confluence page titles don't render URLs. Even if you add full Jira ticket url in Page title, it is displayed as text.
But when you add the jira ticket url in page content, it renders details from Jira.
This is he screenshot from Confluence page. Same URLs are added in page title and content. In Page title, the url is considered as text where as in page content, it is rendered as url and due to application link between jira and confluence, it is displaying jira ticket details in confluence page.
Use case is automatically linking a wiki page upon creation to an associated Jira ticket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.