The clunkiness of Advanced Roadmaps has lead to very poor adoption in multiple orgs for me. So I'm trying to leverage the timeline view embedded in every project to provide a hierarchal overview (the Gantt is handy too).
I realize that I won't be able to see initiatives there (come on Atlasssian) but I was surprised to find that subtasks don't show up directly either. These are a key level in the project hierarchy for my teams. I'm hoping I just missed a setting somewhere in the labyrinth of Jira.
Here's what I see now. Those cute little "child issue" icons are better than nothing, but not idea for reviewing with the team, especially where the subtasks have a start/end date (working around the limited hierarchy of Jira).

Is this just another instance of Atlassian ignoring the obvious?
Or is it me?
As it stands, I think I'm going to have to drive adoption of Productboard in yet another org. They're resistant to new solutions, but they're also constantly struggling with the cringe-worthy limitations of Jira.