Getting Error "We couldn't set the original estimate value, validation failed"
Hello @Rahul Kumar
Please provide more information.
How were you trying to set the value? What steps were you executing?
What value did you try to use?
@Trudy P Claspill I am trying to update Original Estimate field which is default "0h" to "10h" from field section of an issue.
Can you provide a screen image of the field with the entry and a screen image of the error message display?
Is this for issues in a Software, Service Management, or Work Management project?
And is the project Team Managed or Company Managed?
Hi Rahul
Following are the potential solutions for this error:
1. Remove the editable properties from the workflow status.
a. jira.permission.edit.denied
b. jira.editable.false
2. If you've not apply the property then add the user/group/role in Edit issue permission.
if you apply these solution then this issue will resolved for you.
Regards
Adeel
I've encountered the same issue.
@Trudy P ClaspillHere's a screenshot of the resulting screen with devtools open. I've redacted sensitive parts using gray rectangles. The error message "We couldn't set the original estimate value" is visible at the bottom left. There's also an error in the console stating that `JSON.parse` failed
I checked the response and found that it's HTML for the whole page, screenshot provided. That got me curious, I investigated a bit, and it seems that this happens on Firefox only, and not on Chrome. Here's a screenshot of failing response and successful response (Firefox [top] and Chrome [bottom] respectively).
The payload for the request seems to be the same both in Firefox (top) and Chrome (bottom).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.