My team uses kanban so we have a query for the board:
project = "TeamZ" ORDER BY Rank ASC
To get items on the board we use the status "Ready to Start" which drops them into the first column. Everything in "To Do" is in the backlog.
We're refining Jiras quicker than we are developing so the "Ready to Start" column is growing. We want to limit the number in "Ready to Start" so we need an additional metric that puts them on the board, along with the status "Ready to Start".
If a ticket has been through the refinement process it should be marked "Ready to Start"
If a ticket is on the board its been through refinement AND its been prioritised
So, I thought I could use the field "Priority" to do this. I changed the query hoping that anything "unprioritised" wouldn't be on the board (but would be in the backlog) and then it's very easy to update the priority on tickets we want to show on the kanban board.
project = "TeamZ" and priority != "unprioritised" ORDER BY Rank ASC
Problem: The query affects the backlog, not just the board.
If I use the above query tickets are hidden in the backlog. I want to see everything in the backlog view but control what goes onto the kanban board.
Any ideas?