I am trying to use the date fields (like {{now}}) to find the Month value (i.e. "Aug") to append to the beginning of the Summary field. I want to have an automation that will create work on a monthly schedule for the 1st of each month.
Hello @David Tieman
When you use the Edit Issue action set the Summary field to this value
{{now.format("LLL")}} {{issue.summary}}
The information about pulling the pieces (i.e. month) from a date field can be found in the details of the format command in this document.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/#--
You have to follow the link to the Java documentation for more detailed information about the proper formatting.
Apologies for the additional message however, this doesn't appear to be working, as I am not seeing any change on editing the Summary field, no error received either.
Please show us your complete automation rule and the details of the step where you are changing the Summary field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.