Hello All,
I am evaluating the JSM product line and wanted to have a proper evaluation by implementing as to how the end product would look like. Part of this task is to design based on best practices but I am having some problems / limitations that I am not sure what the best next step are. These issues seem to be share-ability based on the multi-project approach.
A little background:
- We plan to have two departments, A and B. Dept A cannot view tickets Dept B, but Dept B can view Dept A&B tickets.
- Dept A and B have different personnel but there are times when Dept B may need someone from Dept A
- Knowledge articles should be sharable, but others should be kept within their respective Dept.
- A common landing page would need to be created for issue submission.
Based on my research, it seem the best approach was the multi-project approach to each department. I am not sure how relevant these arguments are in 2023, but the article I am referring to is: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Multiple-Projects-versus-a-Single-Project-in-Jira-Service/ba-p/1768572Multiple Projects versus a Single Project in Jira ... - Atlassian Community
Questions:
- Groupings and ticket assignments - Should I invite members of each department as a Team or a Group? I have created Teams and assigned Project A with Team A and Project B with Team A&B, however when I try to assign a ticket from queue B to a member in A, the person does not appear.
- Multi-user assignment - Can a ticket have multiple users from multiple departments assigned to a ticket for their various tasks? Some folks would need to be assigned for visibility and may comment on the ticket if so desired.
- Incident sharing between projects - Should I go with the "assign a subtask" to the other team or create a linked issue? Are there permissions required to setup ahead of time to create/convert an ticket to a linked issue?
- Sharable artifacts - Are knowledgebase articles and canned responses sharable between projects? Making an article / canned responses would help building / maintaining a knowledge library.
- Landing page - What is the best way to build a landing page? Could anyone direct to an article / page they might be able to recommend for creating the workflow and streamline tickets to the correct bucket?
Some of these workflows I am describing may be out of the date and we would be open to understanding the better approach; however it would benefit to understand the translation from the older ITSM to newer with justification as to why. I appreciate your thoughts and any feedback you can provide.
Thank you in advance,
James