When I click the "+" icon Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 3.31.08 PM.png, I get the following error: "The projects associated with this plan do not contain any issue types mapped to this hierarchy level. Please change your plan's issue sources or adapt Portfolio's hierarchy configuration in the Administration area."
If it try to edit the Portfolio's hierarchy, my epic and user story rows are locked. How do I unlock them so I am able to add user stories from the JIRA Portfolio interface?
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 3.32.08 PM.png
Ok that makes sense. Why am I missing a "+" icon from the epic then? Isn't that where I would add another user story?
By clicking the "+" icon, you are actually adding a sub-task to the selected story. I suppose that you don't have a sub-task issue type in the issue type scheme of your underlying project, hence the error.
To add a story, scroll to the bottom of you Story backlog in Portfolio and click the Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 11.06.53.pnginstead.
Hey @Brandon Olmstead,
The + icon is only visible when there are no children of the issue. As soon as there's at least 1 child issue the "+" turns into an expand ">".
To add another story to the Epic hover your mouse in-line where you want it to be and a line will appear. i.e:
image2017-1-4 14:56:32.png
This also works if you want to add an issue to a particular rank in your scope table (without creating at the bottom and dragging it to the desired place):
image2017-1-4 14:57:7.png
Hope this helps.
Cheers,Rhys
So it's a UX decision. Ok, that makes sense. It would make it easier if the "+" icon never went away. None the less, good to know. Thank you for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.