We have several automation scripts that run every day and generate confluence pages with various data.
What is the best way to avoid having a new page history version in case nothing has changed on the page when the script run?
- I was thinking about comparing two last page versions and if there is no change in the content, drop the newest one. But that needs Space admin privilege which is no go.
- I was thinking about caching the last processed content in the script itself and comparing it with the page content before updating. But thanks to various confluence markdown features (like _emphasis_ converts to emphasis etc) this isn't an option
- ???
So probably what I need is the option to simulate how the confluence HTML code would look like when the processed content is published and compare it with the existing one grabbed from the confluence page?
PS: I need an API approach because of the automation
PPS: Why Confluence creates a new page history version even though nothing has changed? Can this behavior be modified?